CRCGS sponsors a week-long research trip to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. The fall trip dates are September 8-13, 2014.
Here’s the info for making your room reservation, which we recommend you do soon:
• We reserved a block of rooms at the Plaza Hotel (Temple Square) at $85 for single/double and $92 for triple/quad
• There are a few rooms with double queen beds, the rest are kings.
• If you would like to arrive on Sunday, the same room rate will apply.
• Call 1-800-366-3684 and be sure you mention you are with the Castle Rock Colorado Genealogical Society.
• There is complimentary airport shuttle from 6:30am to 10:30pm – just call from airport
• Deadline for making reservations under the block is August 8 (or earlier if all rooms get booked)
Preparation Classes to be held at Philip S. Miller Library, 100 S. Wilcox St., Castle Rock:
May 17, 1:00–4:00pm – “Preparation, Planning & Productivity” by Candy McCune and Deena Coutant
Small groups formed at end of this class
June 21, 10:00am-Noon – CRCGS program “Using FamilySearch.org” by Deena Coutant
June 21, 12:30 – 2:30pm – “How to Prepare for a Trip to Family History Library” by Valerie Eichler Lair
Optional online training, fee $25 per person, participants can access the class from their own homes or as a group at an Aurora location, more details will be given after RSVP to email@example.com.
July 19, 10:00am-Noon, “Making the SLC Trip Successful for YOU” Panel Discussion and Q&A
September 8-13 — WE ARE IN SALT LAKE CITY PUTTING OUR TRAINING INTO PRACTICE!
For those who want to learn how to get started in genealogy or jump start their research, the following 3 introduction courses are being offered in the near future:
April 12, 10:00am-3:30pm, Denver Central Library, “Beginning Genealogy” by Lou-Jean Rehn, sponsored by Colorado Gen. Society, see www.cogensoc.us/thismonth.html
April 27, 1:00-5:00pm, Penrose Central Library, Colorado Springs, “Getting Started: Standards & Terminology and Census Records,” see www.ppgs.org to register
May 14, 6:30-8:30pm at Highlands Ranch Library, “Introduction to Genealogy” by Deena Coutant, register with Douglas County Libraries
Darlene Walters (303-570-2555) and Candy McCune (303-671-9730)
Information about past research trips can be accessed online: