Ask A Genealogist
Are you new to genealogy? Are you a long-time researcher who is stuck or struggling with a brick wall? Have you followed your ancestors to a new country and would like some advice as to how to proceed? Would you like some advice on DNA or software?
Let us connect you with a seasoned genealogist who can help you. We can't do the research for you, but we can help you advance your genealogical knowledge and research.
Our mentors, while not experts, are experienced genealogists with knowledge in areas of:
- Beginning and Intermediate Genealogy
- Ancestry.com, Familysearch.org, Fold3 and other websites
- Family Tree Maker and Reunion Software
- DNA, DNA Painter
- Organization, goal defining
- Military Research
- Planning a research project
- Immigration and Naturalization Records
- Photos and Digital Albums
- French Québec, Czech Republic, Ireland, Netherlands, Finland
- New England, Illinois, North and South Carolina, Oklahoma, Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia
Please send AskAGenealogist@crcgs.org an email explaining what sort of help you need, and we will connect you with a mentor with whom you can meet at your mutual convenience, either in person, by phone, or by email.